Do you Have Covid-19 protocols in place in your office?
Below is a Covid-19 image you can share on Facebook, Instagram or twitter. If you would like an image tailored to your company or need one for your blog, you are welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Covid-19 Office Protocols
The Law society of Scotland and the HM Government portal offers the following Covid-19 protocol suggestions your offices.
- Limit the number of visitors to your offices to reduce the interaction and overlap of visitors.
- Ask screening questions if a client requests an in person meeting.
- Engage with clients online as much as possible. If a visit to your office is planned, share guidance on social distancing and hygiene before their arrival.
- Avoid shared desks and shared workstations.
- Introduce a one-way traffic system through your offices so that clients risk of exposure is limited.
- Regulate the number of people in high traffic areas, meetings and public spaces.
- Provide hand sanitisers at the entrance to the elevators, public spaces and offices.
- Use signage to help encourage staff and clients to follow covid-19 protocols.
- Introduce remote working tools and avoid in-person meetings.
- Avoid offering food/drink to clients to limit covid-19 exposure.
- For in person meetings, ask clients and customers to attend on their own.
- Do not allow visitors to enter the office without an appointment. Make it easy for new clients to register online for an online meeting and for current clients to schedule appointments over the phone or through email, or an internet scheduling software.
- Encourage clients to arrive on time and implement a ‘one-in-one-out’ policy.
This photo may be used by a law firm or a lawyer to show that they provide zoom conferences and meeting to clients.
Security of a Zoom Meeting
If you are going to provide zoom meetings at your law firm, make sure the meetings are secure by setting the following protocols:
- Allow only invited and signed in users to participate in the meeting.
- Do not allow anyone to join the meeting before the host for the meeting has arrived.
- Lock the meeting as soon as all participants are present.
- Turn off participant screen sharing.
- Create a random ID for the meeting.
- Have a waiting room so you can screen the participants.
- Avoid file sharing in Zoom. You may file share through an application approved by your law firm.
- Send information to your clients and other lawyers who will be attending the meeting explaining to them what is expected of them during the meeting. Provide an explanation to your clients about the confidentiality of the online meeting and how your law firm treats online meetings.
- Screenshot at the beginning and end of your session for your own client records.
For more information about Zoom Security Please read this article by Zoom about Zoom security
Billing a Zoom Meeting
Note: Zoom meetings may be billed as phone calls or meetings. If your law firm is billing hourly, please ensure your client and the other lawyers are aware of your law firm’s stance on Zoom billing.
If you find that your client or the other lawyers forget zoom time when it comes time to review the billing, set a visible timer so that everyone in the meeting is aware of how much time has been used and that you are documenting and recording the zoom session.
Blue Sky provides a timer on zoom that allows you to document the exact length of the zoom meeting. If necessary, screenshot the beginning and the end of each of your sessions with each client so that it becomes a standard practice for your zoom meetings.
This photo may be used by any law firm for any purpose. It was created by Dariusz-Sankowski and shared without copyright restrictions on Unsplash.
The image below was created and shared on the Harvard Library website. The image is used legally on this website through a weblink and it is not stored on this website.
Using an image this way has been addressed by the EU court in the case BestWater International GmbH v. Michael Mebes Stefan Potsch. If you would like to use this image, please use the link and do not download the image. You are not required to reference the website where you found the image.